Thursday, March 1

A Very Special Job

Mr. Man's family is French Canadian, and with that comes a whole slew of traditions I had never heard of. My sister in law is getting married next September, and I have been asked as the "resident knitter" of the family to do a very special job. There is a wedding tradition ( look under Canada scroll down half a page, I'll wait) which involves me knitting the longest ugliest socks I have ever created, for my brother in law. I can't wait !! I figure I'll use up alot of my uber-colorful sock yarn left-overs. I may even add some jingle bells, sequins, beads etc to make things interesting. And I have a year and a half to do them! That should be manageable I hope. In other funny random things, I was reading The Harlot's blog the other day and read about a nasty e-mailer she's been dealing with. I thought it might be funny to show you this list of other "Canadian" words. I'm feeling much better today than I was last time I posted. I'm still really sore in the navel area, but I'm told that is to be expected. No more gall stones though! I'm off to catch a few minutes in my knitting chair. Nothing beats Tim Horton's and sock knitting!

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Glad to here you are starting to feeling better. Can't wait to see those socks....lol

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm glad you are healing.

Ugly socks...how utterly cool! You could even make them different types...what fun! :)

Ruinwen
:)