Sunday, March 11

A Trip!

I am really exited for the coming week. We are going to Ottawa to visit with my parents, and I can't wait. Real Yarn Shops! With the kids being off for spring break, and me being off on sick leave we thought it would be the perfect time to get away and recharge our batteries. The only dissapointment is that the Rideau Canal closes today. I'm a little bummed about that, since I wanted to bring the kids for a skate, but I guess sinking through the ice really wouldn't be much fun anyway. I did however promise my Josh (my 6 yr old) that we would make a special trip for a Beaver Tail. He had a bite or two as a baby when we lived in Ottawa, but doesn't remember, and he can't wrap his head around how we could possibly eat the tail of a beaver. He'll soon see how one cannot live without this gooey, sugary most wonderful taste of the Capital. I have big plans to surprise Mr.Man with a romantic night to ourselves at a really nice hotel. We really need the break, and since we didn't really celebrate on Valentine's day, I plan to make up for it. Mom is going to babysit ( I hope) and we may even get to sleep in. Can't wait! Cant wait! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Enjoy your trip and hope you all have tons of fun. :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great get away. Have fun!!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned! Have fun! :)


Ruinwen
:)