This is going to be so much fun!!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Love all yarn, although I have in recent years shifted more towards natural fibre only. It makes a project a little more special, and feels much nicer to work with.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I dabble in crochet here and there (when I have to) and I am dying to learn to spin. I am saving up right now for a spinning wheel.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made myself a needle roll, and just recently got another beautiful one for Christmas from my sister. Crochet hooks and other notions go in a small makeup tote.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since the age of 5 so... about 25 years (not including the 1 or 2 year hiatus in high school when I didn't think it was cool). I consider myself advanced. Not too many patterns faze me anymore. Except Intarsia ones with a gazillion colours.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do now although I can't figure out how to link it to my blog ;-(
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla or berries anything natural or "home-baked" scented.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
My sweet of choice lately is Kit-Kat bars, but chocolate anything rocks!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I belong to a quilting guild and I do a bit of cross stitch
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My favorite band right now is Cold Play, although I do love all kinds of music. A little bit of everything. Love Celine, Billy Joel, Usher, Evanesence, Shania, Garth. I could go on and on...LOVE MUSIC. I just bought a great new computer with all the bells and whistles so yes I can play just about anything.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm really into green lately, but I also love neutral colours. Most of my house is in neutral beiges and Sage green.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids Boy 9, Boy5, Girl 16 mos and Boy 4 mos. I have to go back to work in October ( waaaaah). Although I'm trying to find a way to stay at home. No pets, but I did have dogs my whole life until I met my husband. He is terrified of them.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I look yucky in ponchos, but I never leave home without my hat, scarf and mittens. (it's cold here in northern Ontario)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My new addiction is sock yarn. I have recently fallen in love with sock knitting.
Love Koigu, Opal, and Patons Kroy in funky stripey colours.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not crazy about fun fur yarn
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
See above *definitely sock knitting* although I have also taken to lace kniting recently.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to make socks and sweaters for my sisters. Afghans and stoles come in a close second. I also like knit tote-bags. Felting is fun!! Scarves and mittens are a great "mindless" project when I need to relax
17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks in lane Cervinia forever Jaquard in colour 70, A lace stole in wine coloured merino wool, a soon to be felted tote-bag in Patons classic Merino ( purple) and a pair of later gator mittens fron SnB Nation For son # 2
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project. I do my socks on dpns though. Haven't gotten the 2 circulars thing down smooth yet.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Mostly aluminum, but love bamboo for cotton yarns.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No but wish I did.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom taught me when I was 5 after I begged her for ages. I haven't looked back since.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 Years. A pink boucle baby sweater I was making for a friends baby that was frustrating me to no end. I doubt it will ever see the light of day again lol.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love elephants. I have a large collection of them
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. A chance to see family without all the Christmas hubbubaloo.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Ummm..........Yarn.. lol and elephants. I also have an embarrisingly huge collection of knitting patterns and magazines.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Cast-On, and Creative knitting.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I have been eying the Knitting Vintage Socks book....as well as the Hand Knit Holidays book.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Would love to perfect knitting two socks at once on circulars
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yesiree. umm.... not too sure about my own foot measurements cause I have never knit myself socks. Size 6 if that help lol.
31. When is your birthday?
There you have it! List complete.
Whew! now I need a drink!