1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Sock yarn and laceweight are my favorites, I adore knitpicks alpaca cloud...I'm not crazy about
Red Heart Varieties, although they do have a purpose sometimes.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle roll for my long straigts, and a clear plastic needle tube for my dpns. CIrculars are all laid out willy nilly in a baby wipe container.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting as long as I can remember. Since I was about 4. I'd consider myself fairly advanced, although there are a few techniques that leave me feeling slightly intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do , but I can't figure out how to link it to my blog.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Berries, vanilla, or spicy scents. I find florals a little strong, unless it's lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love KIT KAT bars! I also love any kind of milk chocolate, especially with caramel.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am now officially a spinner. I also Quilt, cross stitch and make beaded jewlery
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love John Legend, Cold Play, The Stones, INXS, ..heck I have very eclectic taste I love just about all music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Green! I also love reds, blues, charcoal greys. I hate peach.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
OK here goes, Husband..Son 10..Son 6..Daughter 2..Son 1..and a partridge in a pear tree.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above minus ponchos. Hasn't the poncho already left the building?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I adore knitting socks, lace is a close second. I prefer knitting projects with a little substance. I need to think a little to keep my mind in tune.(and keep me awake at work)
13. What are you knitting right now?
2 Shawls, 2 scarves 3 pairs of socks, a hat, and a baby sweater oh yeah and a cardigan which is supposed to be finished by Sunday lol.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Love my dpns, but the new Knit Picks needles and I have started an affair. I love these! I'm slowly building a set.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to the winder and sadly no to the swift. I really have to get one of those. Laceweight is a bear to wind when you use javex jugs as a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don't even ask...I don't remember anymore.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving, with Christmas as a close second. Can't beat family get togethers.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect elephants, as well a sock yarn. I also love to collect vintage knitting patterns and books.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave, and I also get Cast-On. I'd love to get my hands on Inspired Cable knits, or Dying to Knit, I am slowly building my knitpicks options collection, but I haven't bought anything over US 5's yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not as much learn , but I'd like to perfect my colourwork techniques.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
You betcha! I am a ladies size 6 1/2
23. When is your birthday? (05/12)