Saturday, August 26

Since I don't have anything on my plate

I thought I'd join a couple of really fun swaps. One is the Spinning Roving Swap, and the other is the International scarf exchange. I'm a virgin to both of these swaps, so I cannot wait to see how things turn out! I do also have to post about a super fantastic Secret pal package that I recived on Thursday, and once the camera fairies return with my photo taking tool, I'll post pics of the awesome stuff my pal sent me.
First I need to take care of some questionnaire business:
For my spinning swap partner......

How long have you been spinning? hmmm...about 9 months, and I'm totally hooked!

Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner? I'd say beginner/novice.

Do you spin on a spindle or wheel, or both? I first caught the bug with a spindle, but the wheel is my best friend now.

What types and weights of spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
I currently own a Louet S15, but I'd love to buy an Ashford Traditional one day when the kids aren't around to break it.

What type of fibers have you spun with before? Alpaca( my fave) Llama, merino, romney, mohair and cashmere.

What fibers do you prefer to spin with? Alpaca is my hands down favorite, but I love good ole wool for alot of things. I'd love to try silk or cotton, although I've heard they are much more difficult to spin.

What fibers do you dislike? Dislike? that's tough since I haven't tried them all yet, but I'd have to say the feeling of cotton might turn me off, I hate picking up cotton balls, it makes my teeth hurt. If spinning cotton is anything like that then I might not like it.

Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber? I adore handpainted fibres. I am learning how to dye fibre with natural plants and such though. Tons of fun.

Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample? I'd prbably prefer one type, so I'd have enough to make into something beautiful.

What are you favorite colors? Green is my favorite, but I love blues, reds , rainbows, purples. Ah heck I don't have a colour I really hate at all.

What colors do you dislike? See above, although peach is one I'm not totally crazy about now that I think about it.

What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it?
Stare at it day and night, take it to bed with me, ....Knit something silly!

What are your other favorite hobbies? Knitting, quilting, cross stitch, reading, running after my 4 kids.
Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)? Nope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

No way you only been spinning for 9 months! The yarn u sent me was that done on a wheel or a spindle? You better not say spindle. I would love to chat with ya. So either answer me here, or you can email me. I'm going to make a hat/scarf out of the yarn u sent me. I almost hate to use it, the fact that you spun it and all, but I know you did it so that I could use it, and for that I'm grateful.

Necia