Wednesday, June 21

Someone has been paying attention

to this stressed out mom's blog. I recieved a wonderful package from my secret pal today! So great in fact that part of it is being played with as we speak. She must have been reading my mind, since I was just about to place an order for some "paint your own" laceweight from knitpicks this afternoon, and *poof! it appears in my mailbox, with all of the koolaid a girl could ask for to start dying it! See......



I used the green and the blue kool-aid along with some Grape and Cherry. It's cooking as I type. There were two 880 yd skeins (I'm making plans for the other one right now)

Thoughtful pal also sent many other treats..a fantastic puzzle that Ms. Abby just spent an hour mastering before her nap.( I think that this puzzle may have already been claimed by her, since I have a feeling that when the boys get home she won't let them anywhere near it). I also found some wonderful bath and body products, cute little heart shaped charms that I may be using soon for a neice I have on the way, some very nice butterfly potholders, candles and tea towels( yes I love butterflies) which match the green in my kitchen, a keychain, and the piece de resistance....a sleeping mask that reads, "Mom's sleeping, go as Dad!" How perfect is that?

What a great treat pal, I truly appreciate the thought you put into the package. Thankyou!

That laceweight looks to me like a shawl, but I'll have to see what the wool looks like skeined up before I decide. The colours are turning out lie Lavender and roses.....hmmmm who knew kool-aid could be so pretty?

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sarah! The yarn came out super nice!!!! You are SOOOOOO lucky to have such a GREAT SP!!! That makes 2 great SP's for you right? I was not so lucky at all and didn't do the SP8 go round. Glad you are having fun with it!!!! I love the yarn! Can't wait to see what you will knit up with it! Enjoy it!

Donna said...

Sarah! The yarn came out super nice!!!! You are SOOOOOO lucky to have such a GREAT SP!!! That makes 2 great SP's for you right? I was not so lucky at all and didn't do the SP8 go round. Glad you are having fun with it!!!! I love the yarn! Can't wait to see what you will knit up with it! Enjoy it!