Friday, May 25

He Had a Surprise For Me

I just got off of a graveyard shift, and my husband woke me up about an hour ago telling me he had a surprise for me in the garage. I sprang out of bed wondering what the heck he was talking about.
"Go look on the couch" he said (yes we have a couch in our insulated heated garage)(tv's too, but that's another story). So...I walked over and looked. Nothing, I couldn't for the life of me see what on God's earth he was talking about. "Look closer" he said. I kept on looking until I peered into the corner of the couch, and this is what I saw:


Look closer........




Three baby kittens! They are the cutest little things I have ever seen! Marc scared away mum, and we are really hoping she will come back. I'm making a very un-educated guess that they are only about a week, maybe two, tops. Their little eyes are still glued shut, and their little mews are barely audible.
I know they really need momma cat right now, but I think she's too scared to come around. So with gloved hands, I carefully put them in a little fleece lined box and put them on the side of the garage in a warm sunny spot. I also put a bowl of food out for the mum so she'll come back. Her babies need some milk..and soon! I am green to all of this. Over my life I have had many, beloved pets (mostly dogs, but also a couple of cats) but they were already weaned from their mothers. So, I'm putting it out into the blogosphere, to see what I should do. Baby formula? we have lots of that...eye droppers? a bowl? I have no idea. Anyone? HELP!!!!
We'll talk about the conversation I had with M.Man about keeping them later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about baby formula but I know they make a powdered formula for animal babies that have been abandoned or have lost their moms. I've seen it in feed stores here in the states.

TracyKM said...

We have a small couch in our garage too....but no tv. We do have an old piano in there....