Wednesday, September 5

Fell Off The Planet

I know it seems as though I have just upped and fallen off the planet, but I assure you I haven't..I made promises to post in June that I didn't keep, and for that I'm really sorry. I do love my blog, and enjoy each of the comments left for me with each new post. I have just been having a really hard time with my health lately, and I really needed some TLC from the family. There are some major things going on right now that I'm not quite sure if I should discuss here or not, but in time I will share, lets just say that having people poke big needles in your head is not fun, and I don't want to set off any alarms until I have all of the information I need. My kids are great, my husband is wonderful, and I've been seeing a whole lot more of my mom lately which can never be a bad thing. I have done some knitting, and am working on a new sock pattern which I hope to have ready for the knitting vault soon, maybe I'll even try a Knitty submission who knows. I do have an FO pic for you graciously modeled by my 7 year old since the thing (made for my -1 size sister) wouldn't fit on my big toe:




Ribbed Lace Bolero By Kelly Maher of 10 Feet High
Yarn: 1 Ball Georga Wool( amazing 100% mercerized wool bought at Wal Mart)(about 200 yds)
Size 5 and 6 circular needles
Started Sept 1 , 1:00 am Finished Sept 1, 11 pm

I absolutely LOVED this pattern. It was a super quick knit (maybe 5 hours)
and this new yarn I discovered is TO DIE FOR!
I never thought I'd say this about a yarn purchased at Wal Mart, but I decided to give it a try, and I fell in love. It is super buttery soft, and shiny, and pretty colours, and ,and, a...I cannot explain my love for this yarn. Just try it you'll see.
I want to go and buy out their entire stock of this stuff, cause I can't for the life of me track down where it comes from, other than China, and we all know this would be a losing battle.
On a more serious note, my coffee swap pal still hasn't received her gift from me that was sent the first week of July(also for the second time). What is up with customs? have they gone and lost their minds? To top it off I have no way of finding the status out until it leaves customs. So Pal..if you're out there, I will pack ANOTHER beautiful, inspired, lovely, Canadian flavored coffee/yarny package for you and have it out before the end of the week. I am soo sorry.
On that note, I am off to the doctor's office, then to the LYS to find me some more pretty things to fill the box with. I'll try not to be a stranger.

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a lovely knit...good to hear from you! :)

TracyKM said...

Nice to see you back!
I saw 'mercerized' wool listed somewhere else (maybe elann.com) and wondered about that. I've only see mercerized cotton.
I got some neat cotton/viscose/acrylic yarn at Wal-Mart, one of those 'mill ends' in a bag sort of thing, but it actually had a label. Not exactly helpful though, I have never heard of the company either!